Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Preggo Diaries. Week 17.

Last Sunday marked my 17th week. I am still getting that feeling of paranoia, since I haven't felt my baby moving yet. All I have are these little flicking movements inside my tummy, but I am not sure if that's really the baby. My husband never gets tired of listening to my worries as a first time mom. (And I thank him for that) For a worrywart like me, it's quite impossible not to feel paranoid.=P 
Anyway, I always have this habit of making my baby feel loved by rubbing my tummy every morning after waking up. Sometimes I get confused, since my tummy doesn't seem to be as big as it is the entire day. But this morning, I suddenly felt that my tummy got bigger than usual. Something like, I swear I'm not this big last week! Just amazing how fast my baby grows! And yet again, I am thankful for the gift of life. In lieu of that, I am sharing this quote I've seen online.
Apart from the condition of my baby inside, I am quite worried of stretch marks. My husband had been very helpful in reminding me to apply lotion everyday just to make sure that I will not be having any marks after I give birth. But I realized, if I will be having them, why should I be ashamed? I have been surrounded with people who are wishing to have a baby. Some of them are waiting for years and years just to conceive. I know how painful it is to wait, especially if you do not know when is the right time. I feel very blessed and fortunate that baby bacon came a year after our marriage. I also admit that I have been struggling to conceive because I have PCOS. At first, we tried without any meds at all, and yes, I get delayed every month. I've spent a lot of money buying pregnancy tests, just to get a BFN. After a few months, I've decided to schedule an appointment with my OB, just to confirm that I have bilateral PCOS. I took meds. No, I took expensive meds just to increase my chances. (Clearly, it doesn't give me an assurance that I will conceive.) For a few months, we've been monitoring my follicles if they have improved. I got tired, and decided to look for an infertility expert. And luckily, last December, God granted us a very precious blessing. I am now almost halfway there!
I just want to give a shout out to all brave mothers out there who got postpartum marks. Never be ashamed of the marks that you got. It will forever be a reminder that God has chosen you and blessed you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!