Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Preggo Diaries Week 18.

So far so good! I've been consistently posting updates about my pregnancy on a weekly basis! :) I'd say this is a challenge for me, because I tend to forget posting every now and then, but my baby is my motivation!:) Now I'm on my 18th week!

I can't help but to feel really excited (and a bit nervous) about everything! As a first time mom, I totally do not have any idea of how and what to feel, if not because of moms around me. According to the what to expect app, my baby is as big as a sweet potato! (5.5 inches, 5 oz) I can still remember when our baby is as small as a pea, I'm telling John ang tagal naman nyang lumaki! Now I am almost half my pregnancy journey already! Can't wait for my ultrasound and CAS. (Really praying for a healthy and normal baby!PS. And a cute one as well! and I'm asking people to pray for the baby too) I am really expecting that we will be having our CAS at 20 weeks, but my OB insisted that we should have it at 24 weeks instead. (Another month, why why???) I swear I have the lowest EQ in the world so waiting is really HAAAARD for me. John said we have to wait, so I have no choice but to wait. (cross arms)
I was looking at myself in front of the mirror yesterday and I have noticed that my body has changed. I have a defined baby bump already, I can see some visible veins (maybe because it's starting to expand) and I can no longer make it small.=P The other day my husband asked me if I can make my tummy small, and then I tried, and failed. Silly.
Speaking of bumps, I remember posting something about people telling me my bump is bigger than usual. Now they can no longer tell me that because I'm approaching my 5th month already! hehehe. =P I am guilty of eating a lot (I have this weird desire to keep myself full always) and I promise I will ask my OB next week on how to suppress my growing appetite. I don't feel really bad about growing, because I know my baby is growing too! A soon to be mom asked me if I am worried or what to gain weight, and believe me, been there done that! (The only difference is that I'm not pregnant back then) Not that I will not take good care of myself, it's just that I am willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of the baby. 
This week, I've been a little worried that I still haven't felt my baby moving. (I honestly experience flicking sensations inside my tummy and I'm not sure if that's really it) That night I immediately told my husband that I'm feeling something, and he started feeling my tummy. And he claimed that he felt our baby moving! I'm not really sure, since they say it feels like butterflies in your stomach. Now I am more confused. Some moms are telling me that's it, but I am not assuming just like that!=P Well I am still looking forward to more defined movements next time. (But I am still looking forward to those little flickers every night, just in case that's really the baby!)

I will be having my 5th prenatal check up next week. It's doppler time again and I am always excited hearing my baby's heartbeat. :) I will keep everyone posted about my weight gain (lol) and other changes that I will experience next week. :)


much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!