Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Welcome to the world Juan Mateo Mendoza-Catalan :)

Wait wait.. Before anything else, let me shout Woooh (in a Regine Paolo voice)!!! Finally after almost two months of not posting anything, I am back! *confetti* Actually, I am torn between sleeping (since my bubba is sleeping now and I know I need a lot of energy tonight) and updating my blog. I am surprised to see increased views and I think I owe it to my sister aka Yaya Dub. :) I'm pretty sure there are first time moms who have read my blog, and I hope you can relate to the yays and nays of this journey. Okay, first things first, for now, I want to share my birth story. As you all know, I already gave birth to my little munchkin. I have no words to explain how painful it is to give birth via caesarian section, but seeing this cutie pie made me realize that everything is bearable! So here's my story.

September 1-I had my prenatal check up. According to my OB, I am only 1 cm. That means I'm far from delivery! I am 39 weeks and 3 days back then, and I am just so excited to give birth so I asked her to help me to give birth asap! She did something painful during my IE, I already forgot what is that called, but after that I started to feel back pain. After my check up, hubby went to work, and I decided to walk. I went to Market Market alone. After 20 minutes of walking, the pain is getting worse so I decided to go to a coffee shop and relax instead. When we arrived home, the pain is starting to distract me from doing anything.

September 2-Around 10 in the morning, I can no longer tolerate the pain. I asked John if we can go to the hospital to have myself checked already. I took a bath, packed my bag and went to the hospital. We arrived there at around 10. According to the resident doctor, I'm only 2 cm (still far from delivery), and I said I think I am already having labor pains! So I was admitted in the labor room that day. It's the longest day in my life as I look at the ceiling, the letters in the wall, the oxygen tank, and all the nurses as they monitor my contractions. The whole day I am in pain, until 12 midnight came and I asked the nurses to call my husband as I feel like I am dying. According to my ob, she put something (sorry I already forgot the medicines hehehe) in my dextrose to open my cervix. When my husband came, I can no longer recognize him. I was screaming and telling people to inject anesthesia as it was the most painful slate in my entire existence! No joke ang sakit talaga! The next time I realized, they broke my BOW and I am lost. I am half awake-half asleep when they brought me to the delivery room. 

September 3-At around 5:33 AM, I just heard my OB shouting, baby is out, thank you Lord! I heard my son's first cry. And then the anes said, ang puti ah? And the rest was history. Hubby is there the whole time, as he promised that he will not leave me and my son during my delivery. The next time I realized, I was already in the recovery room with numb legs. I asked the nurses if I can see my baby. They gave me Matti and I tried latching. I failed, so I just let him feel my breast. I was transferred to my room after.

So folks, meet my little bubba, Juan Mateo Mendoza Catalan. :)






So that's my birth story. It's an achievement for me to come up with this entry now that I am taking care of my clingy bubba! I will try my best to update as soon as possible as I want to share a lot of things already! I miss blogging!


 PS. They told me my son had a double cord coil during the delivery. That might be the reason why my labor is not progressing. When I still don't know about this, I felt bad that I had to undergo a caesarian operation despite the fact that I am aiming for a normal delivery. But when they told me that, I have nothing but thanks to the Big Guy up there for guiding the medical team during the process. Kung hindi, baka wala akong milk monster na kasama ngayon! Thank you Lord!


much love,
Niki-the happiest first time mom in the world



22 comments:

  1. Ate Dub hello! :) may promise ka noon :) yung meet the parents with Alden :) all citizens of aldub nation are eager to know what happened :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I promise I'll share the story soon!:) thank you for reading!:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Ate Dub! Sana when the time comes, may update na ung story mo. Like, a certain bedimpled gentleman drove all the way to Bulacan to formally express his intentions to your parents. :) now that would be a fairy tale ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the loonnnmng wait is over! He's finally out! Treasure every tiniie winnie detail of your little gwapito. Time flies! Next thing you know, may papakilala na sayong girlfriend yan! Based on experience, I took care of some of my cousins and my inaanaks since they were small (I love babies and smelling them to death! They are so adorbs and so hard to ressist!) and now, they are already bigger than me at may mga jowa na samantalang ako, single pa. Wooh! (Regine's voice)

    Enjoy motherhood ma'am. Though I'm not yet a mother myself, I know it will be a very challenging yet very rewarding job you'll ever have in this lifetime... ☺️

    God bless you and your family. ☺️

    Ps. If you have time, watch this with Mr. Puruntong. May subtitles nga lang pero dami matututunan ��

    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf7VY8La5RFIeOyIZ5IOm68WVb7c2dyT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Ate Niki! So happy for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niki, John and Mati. God bless you and your family. I have read your blog before but I only learned now na ka birthday ko si Mati. Ako nga pala si Fr. Regie D. Piad, OSJ. parish priest ako dito sa Christ the King, sa San Pedro, Laguna. I always pray for my co-birthday celebrators and makakaasa kayo that I will pray for Mati. My birthday is Sept. 3, 1960'. He is sent to you by God. Please love him (I know you do love him!). I also read somewhere na your brother entered the seminary. It just shows that you are a religious family. Keep on inspiring others ! I also include Aldub in my sermons. God bless you all !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your blog post ms. nikki. :) You're one strong woman. God bless you and your family always. Please keep posting if you have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation s nikki. Its good to know that you are an advocate of breastfeeding. I had 3 daugjters . sadly, I did not Brest fed my panganay because of the pain and work. But for my 2 other daughters I made a commitment to breastfeed them. I was kind a successful because they were breastfed for more than 2 years. Sa kotse, sa office bastat may lugar na pwede. My medella pump was my best friend then. Its worth it. Di sila nagkakasikit except lang nagka dengue yung is a lately, but my babies were strong. Totoo nga yung sinabi nila about the benefits of boosting their immune system. Hope you carry on with it hanggang sa next pregnancy mo. Good luck and again congrats. Viv

    ReplyDelete
  8. waaaahh!! nakakatouch naman.. It's worth it ate nikki.. I can feel your happiness as I read this blog.. Just enjoy every moment with your family especially with baby Matti.. Bukas-makalawa, malaki na yan hindi mo na mamalayan.. God bless your journey as a mother.. God bless your family.. Congrats and welcome back to blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Ms Niki. Gave birth too via CS (bikini cut)and it's really the most painful thing I've experienced but the pain is really worth it. Regards to cutie Matti. Enjoy every single day with him. Time flies sooooo fast! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicolette,
    on a side note, sorry to hear to what happened to your sister's social media accounts.

    I had a few friends who had a similar experience and gave pointers below to prevent another breach.

    - damihan ang characters. 12 characters minimum. Tedious but it is worth it
    -combine numbers,letters and symbols.
    -use sentence as password na madali matandaan
    the idea is, yong gusto maghack ng any account are impatient people.
    they will move on to another kung ang target account has too many characters.
    example of password na sentence including quotes:
    "I am Gorgeous!"

    modify it:
    "I_amG0rg3ouS!"

    you get the idea. I hope this helps.

    @ExplicationofAG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaawwwww reading this post just brings me back to my labor and delivery to my baby boy seven months ago! Nothings compares to looking at your munchkin after (years) and months of waiting! Enjoy being a mom and continue to breastfeed!:) congrats!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Ka-birthday ko sya. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Ka-birthday ko sya. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time to visit your blog and read your story. Gave birth to my son last September 1st and like you, I'm a 1st time Mom. It's not easy but it's the most rewarding job ever. High five*

    #normaldelivery
    #breastfeedpamore

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi ate Niki.Congrats 4 ur super duper cute na si Matti.27 na po ako at nanay napo ako ng 3years old baby girl.Reading ur blog, relate na relate ako sa saya ng feeling maging isang ina.un nga lang may mga bagay sa pagiging isang ina ang hindi ko naexperience na nakakalungkot.at di ko na ata ulit maeexperience. Di ako nakapagbreast feed kasi binawal sakin. Nag pre-eclampsia at post partum eclampsia kc ako nung nanganak ako sa baby ko.Kailangan ko uminom ng maintenance para hindi tumaas ang dugo ko at hindi ko pede ipainom ang gatas ko sa baby ko kasi makakasama para sa kanya. Tapos binawal din sakin ag magbuntis ulit for 10 years. Hay. saklap. Dream ko pa naman ang magkaroon ng 1 big happy family. Kaso binawal naman. Toinks. Tpos ang dami ko ding di naranasan sa pagbubuntis ko. Walang morning sickness, walang hilo suka chu chu. Kain lang ako ng kain. At di ko rin naranasang ang sinasabing napakasakit na labor. Nakakatawa nga. Kasi aanak nalang ako at lahat nasa kanto pa ako at nag aabang ng fishball. Sinundo pa ako ng asawa ko sa kanto para pagayakin at dadalhin na daw ako sa ospital.Nov 13 un. Nung umaga nakapaglaba pa ako ng 1 week na tubal namin, tapos after ko matapos mga 11 am umihi ako at ung wiwi ko may kasamang dugo. Konti lang naman kaya di ko masyado pinansin. Sinabi ko lang sa byenen ko na ganun at sya na ung nag panic. Pinatawag ako sa OB ko at pinatanong kung bakit ganun. Nov 14 pa kc ung check up ko sa OB at yun din yung saktong ika 36 weeks ko. Ang sabi sakin nung secretary ng OB ko kung hindi naman daw lalakas ung pagdudugo ay hintayin ko nalang daw check up ko kinabukasan. Pero dahil nerbyosa ang byenan ko pinilit na nya akong dalhin sa hospital nung bandang 5pm na ng hapon. At andun nga ko sa kanto at nag aabang ng fishball. Haha katakawan ko kasi. At yun nga nung makarating na kami sa ospital at kinuhanan ako ng BP nashock ako nung sinabi ng nurse na 200/180 yung BP ko eh wala naman akong kahit anong nararamdaman kahit sakit ng ulo or hilo WALA. Itinawag sa OB ko at after nun kung ano ano na ang itinurok sakin pra pababain ang BP ko. Ang kaso pasaway din ang dugo ko ayaw bumaba. 6pm pinasok ako sa delivery room pero 9pm na di padin bumababa ang BP ko kaya nag decide na ang OB ko na I CS na ako kc delikado na para sakin at para sa baby ko pag di pa sya nailabas. At yun nga na CS na ako.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nakakatuwa din kasi 3 kaming nanganak noon at ang baby ko lang ang baby girl. At sya din ang may pinakamalakas na iyak sa kanilang 3. Nasa 3rd floor ung room ko at nasa 2nd floor yung nursery rinig na rinig yung iyak nya,nagmana sa tatay nya. Haha ang sarap sa feeling na Makita mo yung baby mo na healthy at walang kahit anong complications. Thanks kay Lord. Di Nya padin kami pinabayaan. Pero may mas sobra pa akong ipinagpapasalamat kay Lord. Kasi binigyan Nya pa ako ng isa pang pagkakataon na mabuhay at makasama ang baby ko. After 3 days ko kasi makapanganak ay nag post partum eclampsia ako. Tumaas sa 280/200 ang BP ko. Namaga lahat ang ugat sa utak ko and luckily walang pumutok na ugat. Midnight sumakit ng sobrang sakit ang ulo ko ginising ko asawa ko at umiiyak na ako sa sobrang sakit ng ulo, ginising nya sister in law ko para ma BP ako at un nga sobrang taas na kaya inirush na ako sa ospital. Nung makarating kami di ko na alam ang mga nangyari. Nag seizure na daw ako after maipasok ng room kaya ipinasok ako sa ICU. Nag 50 50 ako. Nung magising ako wala ako Makita wala ako makilala. Nakaimutan ko kung anong mga nangyari. Nakalimutan kong nanganak ako at may asawa ako. Sobrang saklap para sa asawa ko. Pero after ilang hours naman ng pagpipilit ko ay naalala ko lahat kahit medyo masakit sa ulong isipin. After ilang days nakaaninag na ako. Blurred nga lang. nailabas ako sa ICU and for almost 1 month akay ako lagi at di ko mabuhat at maalagaan ang baby ko kasi blurred yung paningin ko. Ang saklap, ang hirap. Pero nababawi ung hirap ko at sakit sa tuwing maririnig ko ung iyak nya at nahahawakan ko sya. At ngaun nga 3 yrs old na sya at sobrang thankful ako kay LORD kasi binigyan Nya pa ako ng chance makasama ang mag ama ko at ang pamilya ko. Hindi man ako mabigyan ng chance na mabigyan ng kapatid ang baby girl ko at least binigyan naman ako ni LORD ng panibagong buhay na makasama sila ng mas matagal. At yun ang pinaka the best feeling para sa kin at wala na akong mahihiling pa. CHEERS SA MGA NANAY!
    PS: At tsaka nga pala ate Niki napansin ko na madami rashes ang pisngi ni baby matti. Tips lang baka makatulong, wag mo pahalikan sa may mga bigote at balbas at may make up. Sorry to ninang meng pero hilamos muna bago kiss. Hehe at yung breast milk mo yun yung ilagay mo sa bulak at ipunas sa pisngi nya pang hilamos. Ganun kasi ginawa ko noon sa baby ko at nawala naman sya. Yun lang. sorry napakwento na ako ate. Hehe make more memories and enjoy every moment. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waaaa CS ka pala ate dub?...parang ako 3 days na akong nagstay sa hospital before nag decide ang OB ko na e CS ako..kasi naka 3 injection na ako para mag force delivery waley sasakit lang cya kunti din pag umihi na ako nawawala...gusto ko sana normal delivery para feel na feel ang pagiging mom..naiinggit ako don sa ER may ibang naglabor d na mahitsura ung mukha nila dahil sa sakit...tapos ako chill lang dumaan papuntang operating room..hayy..pero the best part is ung marinig mo ang iyak ni baby at makita mo sya sa unang pagkakataon...hindi ako napaiyak sa sakit at pagiging single mom..pero napaiyak ako nong makita ko baby ko sa sobrang saya..😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. Waaaa CS ka pala ate dub?...parang ako 3 days na akong nagstay sa hospital before nag decide ang OB ko na e CS ako..kasi naka 3 injection na ako para mag force delivery waley sasakit lang cya kunti din pag umihi na ako nawawala...gusto ko sana normal delivery para feel na feel ang pagiging mom..naiinggit ako don sa ER may ibang naglabor d na mahitsura ung mukha nila dahil sa sakit...tapos ako chill lang dumaan papuntang operating room..hayy..pero the best part is ung marinig mo ang iyak ni baby at makita mo sya sa unang pagkakataon...hindi ako napaiyak sa sakit at pagiging single mom..pero napaiyak ako nong makita ko baby ko sa sobrang saya..😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you really desire to get such type of information, visit this blog quickly. technical colleges

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.
    buy descriptive essay2

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!