Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mothers Day!

This might be a day late, but I'd like to greet every mom (and soon-to-be moms like me) a happy mothers day!:) I know you've got the toughest (yet the most rewarding) job in the world, and that is raising your kids. I am surprised that a lot of my friends are already sending me greetings, even if my little one is still inside my growing tummy. Anyway, I'd like to dedicate this post to three of the most special women in my life this mothers day.

1. Nanay.
She's my mother. I know I don't look like her (I look like my father) and I'm her exact opposite. She's strict, prim and proper, and a certified workaholic. On the other hand, I'm the chill and happy kid. That's why we're always arguing about things. From my shade of lipstick (I like hot pink, she's into nude and soft colors), to everything about life. But despite that, I still owe her a lot. I know I can't be like her, but I still thank God for giving her as my mom because she taught me life the hard way. She helped me to be independent, and let me work for things the hard way. In that manner, I was able to appreciate everything that I have, because everything is hardly earned. We're not the emotional type of a family, but I am pretty sure she knows how much we love her and appreciate her, especially now that I will be a mom soon. I know everything will be easier having her around.

  2. Inang Anita.
Growing up, my parents had been very busy working for us. And my dearest Inang Anita had to take care of me since I was born. She had been my everything, my forever kakampi especially when my nanay and tatay gets mad. I am her first apo, so that means I am also her ultimate favorite. I remember telling her we should die together, because I don't think I can live without her. But she passed away two years ago. I must say the pain is still there, it doesn't and will never go away. I still miss her every single day. And I remember her when I'm happy, or when I need someone to talk to. I bet my life would be different if she's still alive. And this mothers day, I want to thank her for being the best lola anyone could have. I know she's happy in heaven, and I can only wish to see her in my dreams every night. I know my baby is okay because she's telling God that our baby should be okay and healthy. I miss you my beautiful inang. Every. single. day.


3. Ate Perly.
Apart from my inang, she served as my "nanay-nanayan" up to now. She's one of my cousins and she's taking of us with all her heart. From the clothes that we'll wear, up to the food that we'll eat. She had been with our family since my parents got married. She deserves some credit today, because her sacrifices are incomparable. She didn't get the chance to get married and have kids, but I swear my siblings and I will take good care of her when she gets old. Now that I am starting to have my family, she still remembers me, sees to it that I don't get hungry and all. I share my married life stories to her, and she never fails to motivate me to be a better wife. We're just so blessed to have Ate Perly in our life!

I know this day should not be just the day that we honor our mothers. They deserve all the love and appreciation every single day of our lives. And for me, I will try my best to be just like these three to my little one. :)

much love,

1 comment:

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!