Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Preggo Diaries Week 22.

Time flies so fast. I am now on my 22nd week and everything is going smoothly. I am just so happy and relieved that the baby is healthy and normal. So now we move to other priorities like shopping for baby needs and looking for the best baby name for our little one. Like what I have mentioned in my previous post, we decided to keep the gender a sweet secret for a little element of surprise. Now I will try my best to control this low eq by keeping the name to ourselves first.

Actually last Saturday, I panicked a little because I still do not have a name for the baby. (As if I will give birth the next day!) I'm such a girl with the lowest eq, so I researched for possible names for baby bacon. (Commercial: As I type, there's a little party going on inside my belly, the baby is moving and I can see my belly moving too!) Luckily, I found two options! I asked for my husband's approval of course, because I admit that sometimes, I tend to be really impulsive and our baby's name is indeed a big deal for us. So we narrowed our choices and we're left with two options now. Of course I still can't reveal them now!

So let's just change the topic! At 22 weeks, I am itching to shop for our little one. There are a lot of choices, necessities and cute stuff that I see in the baby section! But the thing is, I am one clueless mom to be. I have zero experience in this and I have no idea what are the things that we should prepare before the baby comes out. I told John we can already shop as early as now because we know the gender already, but he said, we shouldn't. (Sometimes, it's hard to have a very frugal husband!) It's a good thing though, because we are saving up for other expenses. I just can't contain my excitement seeing cute cribs and fancy little clothes! Now I am trying my best to be reasonable and practical. I came up with a list of the things that a clueless mom should consider. (Please take note that I am a newbie, definitely not a pro so please bear with me.)

1. Research.
This is the first thing that I did. I looked for forums, threads and books that can help me to sort out everything. From feeding bottles to diapers, sterilizers to newborn clothes, research had been my best friend. I belong to this online group called Newly Weds at Work and the group had been very helpful to me. I am also an active member of female network, where I get to interact with first time moms too. Some already gave birth and some are already in their third trimester. At least I get to know their experiences.

2. Ask fellow moms.
I am fortunate enough to have some friends who just gave birth and who have babies. I ask a lot of questions. As in A LOT! From pains, to new experiences, emotional swings etc! Now that their babies are out and experienced giving birth first hand, they have a lot of things to share.

3. Invest on the right things.
At first, I thought I should get all the expensive (and good quality) stuff for the baby. From cribs, to feeding bottles, clothes, strollers, name them all! Only to find out that most of them will only be used for a few months. Based on what I have learned, we should invest on feeding bottles and stroller. Not so much on cribs, as the baby will grow up fast. I will just share some of the mommy tips as I learn them.

4. Discuss everything with your husband/partner.
As in everything! As you all know, I am blessed with a very supportive partner who loves to kiss my tummy every time he can. Every time I feel like being impulsive, or I am panicking because I am a worrywart just like that, I talk to him. And he keeps me sane. Minsan talaga may pagkabaliw lang ako! I tell him, oh the baby needs this! He'll say, no, hindi sulit. I'd like to think that he'll be the disciplinarian type of father, because he can balance things when I get too emotional.

5. Enjoy every step of being preggo.
I think this is the most important aspect of pregnancy. Sure, it can bring a lot of worries, and can make you freak out when you feel like something is wrong, but it is indeed a very fulfilling and exciting journey. We have prayed hard for this blessing to come, and now that it is finally happening, I can't contain my happiness! Pregnant people should appreciate not falling in line in banks, government offices and the like! Now I feel so special!

That's all folks! I hope I helped some of my fellow first time preggos like me. :)


much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!