Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

That thing Called Tadhana.

I cannot not post anything about this movie! Okay, before sharing my thoughts about the movie, let me share my little adventure just to make it to the last screening.

My friend Michael sent me the movie poster last week. I said okay, we will watch the film, because I am a die hard fan of Filipino movies, not to mention that we have this somehow tradition of films like this every year. Anyway, I didn't realize that they will only be showing this until Monday! And since the movie won the Audience Choice Award, they had another showing day (which was last Tuesday) So I told Michael that I can never miss this, because of positive feedbacks of random people online. Our initial plan is to watch it in Greenhills. Screening time, 5 PM. Can't. Next option, 7 PM, Glorietta. Tickets sold out. Last option... FAIRVIEW TERRACES! 7:10. Where's Fairview again? I cannot remember the last time I went to Fairview. All I know is that there's a way somewhere from Sta. Maria Bulacan to Fairview via San Jose. Okay, the adventure starts here. I trusted Waze with all that I am, and it's all that I have so I have no choice. Haha. I kept on driving... and driving.. To make everything more exciting, my car's aircon is not working so I have to open my windows. Ang ineeet! But after an hour of driving... I arrived in Fairview Terraces at around 6:30! Yipee! I rushed into the ticket booth and bought our tickets. Michael said he'll be coming late so I have some alone time in the cinema again.

Okay, now the movie. What can I say about it? It's one light, HUGOT (with emphasis on hugot), funny and a movie full of lessons for you know, tatanga tanga people in love. :P I can relate to Mace character, because of her thing for One More Chance, sacrifices, and hope in love. I was once a Mace, who gave her everything just to win back the man of his life. But just like her too, I was led to my "tadhana" now. I was once singing "where do broken hearts go" in videoke, night after the break-up. And thanks to my friends who sang with me that night. I was one broken soul, who wanted to see the world. Someone who remembered everything about the ex. Oh Mace, love na love na talaga kita. :) I fell in love with the way Angelica portrayed Mace's character. It is as if she had this "been there done that" slate. She's helpless, but she's strong and determined to move on. As for JM de Guzman, oh my JM, I didn't realize how good looking he is until this movie. Ang sarap nyang i-hug! I also love his character. He's really perfect for Mace. 
And what's my favorite part of the movie? The Sagada scene where Mace let it all out. I saw myself in her! That was full of emotions, and heartaches, pain, everything! That hurts. So much. No wonder she won the best actress award. And I bet a lot of people can relate to how Mace handled pain. 

As what I've heard, they are trying their best to show the movie again due to insistent public demand. My best friend is one of those who are dying to see it and of course, I will watch it again, this time with her. :) We're keeping our fingers crossed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!