Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Baby Bacon!

Hi everyone! I am writing some positive vibes today. :)

I must admit that lately (because of reading several forums) I've been a bit paranoid about my baby. I had lower back pains and on-off morning sickness and since I am a first time mom, I have no idea if that's fine. I am waiting for Feb. 17 to come, because that will be my third pre-natal check up. My husband assured me that I have nothing to worry about. But blame it on the hormones, I sometimes want to go inside my tummy just to be sure that my bacon is fine. It's my 11th week and 3rd day today. Two more weeks and I'm done with the very challenging first trimester. I still consider myself lucky that I didn't get extreme morning sickness. I seldom vomit and feel nauseous. I am always craving for something. (Sometimes I really don't know what I am craving for.) And yes, I am always short-tempered! I get mad easily when I am in our office. (Hormones again, eh?) But the most important thing that pregnancy made me? It helped me realize that I am so blessed to have a very optimistic and caring husband that I have nothing more to ask for. Even John noticed that I had been extra clingy and touchy since I got pregnant. I love to smell his neck and his skin. I hug him most of the time. (I don't hug him before, he's the one who's always hugging me.) Although, I don't want to smell his perfume, so when we're together I always stop him from spraying.

Let me first share why I call our baby "bacon".
I know it's weird, but I think it's cute!:P It's like an epiphany, that the other day, it just came to me that I want to name my baby... BACON! Don't panic, that will be the baby's nickname, I will never register it on the baby's birth certificate! :) A lot of people are objecting (especially my husband), but my best friend is supporting me all the way and that's enough for me! LOL! Now we're calling the baby bacon. :P

Back to my prenatal check up story. hehe :P

So I went to Marikina yesterday for my check up. (I know it's far from here, but I decided to transfer to John's aunt for our peace of mind.) So kebs if I'm driving from Bulacan to Marikina. Sadly, John just got accepted to work the other week so he can't file a leave to accompany me to the doctor. Thank good heavens that my bestfriend is there to the rescue! She said she's free yesterday and I asked her if she can be bacon's dad yesterday. We ate at UP, I let her try Rodics. And then we went to St. Vincent after. To my surprise, my OB isn't there. The secretary said she's out of town and I just want to break down and cry! LOL. But! That's not the end of the story yet. I have sent a message to Tita Nida asking for another schedule with her, and she said she's on her way to the clinic! God is good!:) So we waited for her to arrive. And then we used a doppler and checked if we can hear baby bacon's heartbeat. Before doing that, she had a disclaimer that usually, a baby's heartbeat can be heard starting the 12th week of pregnancy. So she said I shouldn't worry. But to my surprise... Our baby let us hear his/her heart beating! It sounded like a tired dog gasping for air! 140-160 BPM according to my OB. I just couldn't contain my happiness hearing it for the first time! Goodbye worries, my baby is okay! :)

Now my every day goal is to get rid of everything that makes me feel upset. (I have been kinda sad lately) I will always keep the baby's sake my first priority. :)

much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!