Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy BIrthday to me! :)

So I just celebrated my 27th birthday yesterday. I filed a leave from work just because I don't want stress on my birthday and crying isn't really my thing yesterday. I just wanted to celebrate and be happy that God gave me another year! I feel a bit bad that my husband is working that day (we have this unwritten agreement to spend our birthdays together), but thank God he finished work a bit earlier so he spent some time with me. :)

I just had an ordinary day yesterday. I decided to dropped by my favorite church, (Quiapo church), where I prayed hard for this little bacon growing inside my tummy. The church is so meaningful to me that it has been my sanctuary when I feel like I will never have a boyfriend after a very traumatic heartbreak. And now, I have a very supportive and loving husband and we're expecting a baby this year. What more can I ask for?

And so after I prayed and had my little thanksgiving, I went near my husband's office to wait. Spent some time alone just to reflect and feel really fortunate to have more than what I deserve. I know I have been very blessed. I also came to the realization that now that we will have our little family, they will be the most important people in my life ever! I will do everything to protect my family and will forever be there for them. I know I can never be ready to be a mom (no matter how hard I prepare) but with God's guidance and my husband's support, things will be easier for me. As early as now, I also feel that I have a very obedient baby (Because when paranoia strikes if the baby is doing well, I talk to him/her and tell him/her to make his/her presence felt, and then after a few hours, I am having nausea attacks again.) and even if I haven't hugged and kissed him/her, I already love her! My husband has also been very caring and loving, baby bacon is lucky he/she will be having an awesome father!

So I just set a simple dinner with few of my closest friends to celebrate. Nothing fancy, just a little something good enough for everyone.


I never have a dull moment with these guys. I had unlimited laughter and nonsense (but fun) stories last night. We may have different paths and priorities now, but I have thankful that we never lost the friendship along the way. Still the same, simple things make us happy! I might have lost some people in the process, I only have a handful of friends whom I share everything with, and I am happy that I stayed with these people. They saw me laugh, cry, cry harder, smiled, and laughed again. :)


And in connection, I am so happy that Joanna gave me a bag of candies! Nerds and other gummy candies! (Alam na talaga mahilig ako sa maasim!) But this is my favorite! Hello kitty and then it's super sour! Haha, ang babaw ko talaga!

Too bad I was not able to take a "welfie" of me and my husband. I just find this picture cute, so I'm posting it now because this guy deserves a shout out. (Warning, extremely mushy post ahead) I know our married life have never been a walk in the park. Trials come along and it had been really hard for someone like me, who always sees the glass half empty when the going gets tough. But having you as the first person I see when I open my eyes and the last person I cuddle before I sleep makes everything easier. I know we will never have everything and sometimes pressure from other people makes our life harder, but your positive outlook towards the life ahead of us helps me to feel that it wouldn't hurt to be positive. You inspire me to be better everyday. You are always there to listen when I rant about emotional stress. You have been my secret keeper, my husband, my best friend. Your love is more than enough for me to keep going. I love you and I will always thank the good Lord for the day that you've sen't me the message "Hi Niki, si John to, kamusta na?". 

Last night, before we sleep, I hugged my husband tight and told him, you are the best gift that God gave me bi. And then he hugged me back, touched my tummy and said, no, this is the best gift. And then I said, "diba bigay mo yan sakin? haha" And then he answered, "si Lord ang nagbigay nyan sa atin." And just like that, I am reminded again of the blessing that God has given us. He had been so good to us that we are having our baby despite the hardships that we experienced before that. Now I have more reasons to give back. :)


And that's all folks, it is indeed one of the simplest birthdays that I had. But it is the most important so far because of this baby growing inside me that will always remind me of how blessed I am.


Much love,























(birthday selfie :P)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!