Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Positive!

Disclaimer: I have posted this for a day early this month but decided to keep it a secret (somehow) because I haven't seen the baby's heartbeat yet. But since it's official, I am posting it again.. for good. :)

If you have been reading my blog, it's not a secret that we're ttc (trying to conceive) since mid last year. Our original plan is to try after a year of being married, but because I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), it will be harder for me to conceive.(Harder but not impossible!) We decided to try mid last year, but then after two months of not getting my AF (aunt flow), we decided to see my OB. She prescribed me with clomiphene, to help me to ovulate. Come two cycles, my follicles are not that big to rupture and produce an egg. We've spent money to buy meds, co check ups and ultrasounds. I am starting to feel bad about my condition. Being a lurker online, I came across this Dra. Aguilar who specializes in infertility.

Last November, I finally had the chance to visit her. We even got lost only to find out that she is no longer having her clinic in Taft. Never give up. We walked until someone told us she is now having her clinic in PGH, and that is where we began. I even begged for a slot because according to her secretary, she's in a hurry. Thank God she allowed us! She asked us to undergo some tests. (and when I say some, I mean a lot of injections) She even asked my husband to undergo sperm analysis, just to be sure that everything is fine with his repro system. Fortunately, his count is above average. (Yabang!) My tests are normal, I have PCOS, except for my cholesterol test. I'm not fat but I am high in cholesterol, which is understandable (at least for me), because I always eat oily foods. (Potato Corner.) So she prescribed Xenical three times a day. She also prescribed Clomid, 3x a day. But because Clomid is expensive, I opted to drink Fertyl, as this costs half the price of Clomid. But then I've met a friend in an online group who told me that I should take Clomid instead. She took the cheaper ones during her work up and she also got smaller follicles. And so I decided to take Clomid. Every time I buy meds, I keep my eyes closed because everyday I spent almost 800 pesos! But my motivation is my little bundle of joy so go!

I went back to Dra. Aguilar last December 13 to monitor if there are mature follicles. And to my surprise... there is! I saw how big the follicle is, and I can't believe that the meds worked!! She asked me when was our last contact and I said it was yesterday. She kept on saying, thank God! And she said the follicle might rupture anytime so we need to BD (baby dance) for three consecutive days.

Come December 29. I feel so down, because I'm having cramps, and I know AF will come. I called my husband telling how frustrated I am. He said God will give us a baby in His perfect time. And then I remember, I still have the take 1 pregnancy test in my table drawer! So I brought that home and decided to take the test the morning after. Hubby is in Tagaytay that time for some church activities so I bravely took the test alone. To my surprise... I saw two lines!! I immediately called my husband, my hands shaking, since I might be hallucinating. I've sent him a picture of the test, and he also said it's positive! So I told my family, some close friends and relatives about it and as expected they're really happy!

But then my curiosity did not end there. I've read some articles online about chemical pregnancy, embryotic pregnancy and other nega things about early pregnancy. I felt so paranoid, that I took four pregnancy tests just to be sure that the test would still be positive.
So those are four clear two-lined tests.
And I told my husband I can't keep calm until I'm sure that I am really having a baby. So yesterday I went back to Dra. Aguilar for my first ultrasound. We arrived at 11 AM, and I've waited for her until 3 PM. Patience is a virtue, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will see a healthy baby forming inside me. And thank the good Lord for this.
Yes, confirmed, I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant!:) If we will base it on my LMP, I should be 5 weeks ++, but because I have irregular period, it can vary. At least now I feel a bit relieved, that the baby is safe (according to my OB), and that our baby is normal so far. I still have to go back to her next week or next next week so we can finally see the baby's heartbeat. I can't wait!

Honestly, I still have some worries now, since I still can't see the baby's heartbeat. But I am praying hard that the baby will be perfectly healthy and normal. :) I still haven't formally announced in my facebook account that we are expecting, because my plan is to tell everyone after my first trimester. But I think my readers deserve to know so I've posted it here first. :) 

Please help me pray for our little bundle of joy. :)

with faith and optimism,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!