Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Wedding day make up.

Hello! Lately, I'm in the process of getting rid of negative thoughts and avoiding not-so-good reads online. Having been exposed to the internet all day, this is kinda hard to do. But I'm trying to practice "mind over matter" so I decided to read blogs about wedding preps.

I know it's been a year since I got hitched. I'm over with our suppliers' reviews and the like. But the best thing about a wedding for brides (or at least for me) is the way we will look like before saying I do. Who doesn't want to look at your best on that very special day of your life? So let's talk about make up today. (I decided

Short history:
We're on a limited budget back then because we'll be having 300 guests. So we tried our best to look for bang-for-the-buck suppliers, without compromising the quality of their work of course. Eds Go is really not our first choice. I've been eyeing this HMUA before her. I even had my trial make up with her and I am stunned by the way I looked! (Stunned talaga? Ganda-gandahan lang?) So looked for my photos during make up trials and I will okray myself.



HMUA No.1. This is how I looked like during my first make up trial. I must say that I had this "I'm so pretty" feeling with the HMUA, not to mention that she's a college schoolmate. Ang flawless ko kaya dyan! I was really hoping that I can book her for our wedding but there's one minor major problem that we have... Budget! She's out of our budget. So my husband said we should try looking for other MUAs and decide later.



HMUA No.2. I also considered her to be my HMUA. Only that there are some pictures that my face looks cakey. Parang makapal tignan yung foundation. But then when we tried taking pictures in his husband's studio, I looked like that. Okay naman diba?:) And the HMUA is also nice. Super friendly. 

HMUA 3. Okay this one, epic fail for me. I can even remember how my husband told me to remove my make up and wash my face. Para daw akong sinuntok! Good thing this is for free because the trial is done during a bridal fair. I actually felt that the HMUA is using fake MAC cosmetics. So yes, I didn't consider her.


Eds Go. This is my trial with Eds last 2012. She didn't have a portfolio back then, but my husband loved the way I looked! According to my husband "fresh and blooming" daw! Since she's still new to the industry back then, she's affordable, and pasok sa budget! She started joining bridal fairs and my husband is really kuripot so we booked Eds during one of her first bridal fairs..(para may discount!)

Engagement Shoot.
I was hoping to get Eds for our prenup, but it will be a bit costly for us so I booked for a former schoolmate. (We had our prenup in our house in Bulacan and she's from Bulacan as well.) I booked Glacey Loiz. I will try to look for more close up pictures. :)

 Wedding day.
The most special day of our lives. So we booked Eds Go and I am extremely satisfied with the results!







So that's how I looked like on my wedding day. The photobooth picture was taken after the event and my make up still looks good! To my surprise, my friends have noticed that Iya Villania had the same look as mine during her wedding last February. (I got married 1-4-14.) A lot of people told me I looked like her during my wedding and to me, it's a compliment of course!:)

So, just a piece of advice to all the bride to be girls out there: Never ever compromise your make up artist. He/she will make or break you on your day. I am pretty sure that despite your limited budget (just like me) you will find a decent make up artist that will suit your taste. Don't just settle for someone because she/he is a friend, or a referral from a friend. At the end of the day, you'll decide who will make you your most beautiful self. 

Happy preps!

much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!