Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Five lessons that I have learned when I knew I was pregnant.

Hello everyone!:) I've been in the mood to talk about my pregnancy, because I have been blessed to nurture a child inside my body. I know that there are a lot of first time soon-to-be moms (just like me!) who are clueless of pregnancy. I've seen some of my friends got pregnant and gave birth, but I honestly do not know a lot when it's my time. So this post might help other ladies out there. (Please bear with me, I'm not an expert, I just based these things on my own personal experience.=P)

Here's a list of the 5 most important lessons that kept me going.

1. Do not entertain the thought of "miscarriage."
I was told that during the first trimester, there is a high risk of the big "M" word. But never ever think of that! I was a paranoid myself that I keep on thinking, what if?
I found out that I was pregnant when I am approaching my 4th week of pregnancy. Having said this, my ob told me that we cannot see the baby's heartbeat yet. It's too early. I had my first ultrasound and I just saw a tiny seed inside my ovary. No heartbeat, just sac. So I think, this might be a blighted ovum, or an ectopic pregnancy, and the list goes on. This is just wrong. Think of nothing but happy thoughts! I must admit that I still got nervous the day of the ultrasound where we get to see our munch's heartbeat the first time. And seeing that little pea's heart beating gave us so much joy!

2. Never as in NEVER Google!
Curious of anything? Google may not be your best friend this time. For it can tell you the best about your current slate, but it can also break you and feel paranoid about everything that is happening in your life. Guilty as charged, I used to google every single thing about pregnancy. What if this is just a huge joke that fate is giving us? I kept on googling about every single detail that MIGHT go wrong. And as expected, it made me a worrywart. I've read that people experienced this, felt that. My husband told me, "what happened to them may not happen to you." And he's right. I'm approaching my 9th week now and despite all the nausea and food cravings, I am really thankful that the baby is safe and healthy! :)

3. Put the baby on top of your priority list.
I am a certified "lakwachera". As in I always go out. I meet my friends after work. I stay up until the wee hours of the day just to have coffee and talk about anything. I'm not a drinker, but I love having late night coffee sessions with friends. I am also into junk foods. As in I can eat Potato Corner BBQ fries every day! Giga! (with extra powder please!) Need I say more? I don't mind the calories, for as long as it's delicious. But now, it's a different story. I am no longer concerned about myself, suddenly, everything is for the baby. I stay at home more often. There was this weekend that I have to rest the whole day in bed because I had cramps. I sleep at 10. I eat fish, vegetables and fruits. And most importantly, I am trying my very best to get rid of Potato Corner, because it is not good for the baby. My world had a 360 degrees shift, for someone who used to think about herself, into someone who is now trying her best to give nothing but the best for the baby. After all, the baby is more important than me, yes?

4. Pray. (harder.)
I've always been a devotee of the black Nazarene. But I am guilty that I often skip Sunday masses because I'm too lazy to go. (Sorry God.) But since I found out that I am pregnant, I have been a prayer warrior. Since I am into googling everything about pregnancy, might as well use my above average stalking skills to look for a prayer for pregnant women. So I'm sharing the prayer that I pray every morning and every night for a safe pregnancy. :)

Prayer for a Safe Pregnancy

This life you have given us
is so tiny, fragile, and vulnerable,
safe in the womb of flesh and hope,
yet subject to danger and death.
O God of love, creator of life,
hear our prayer.
We want this baby so much.
Please grant this child of ours
a full term of nurture,
the joy and mystery of life,
and the blessing of your love.
Grant us the fulfillment of our dreams,
a baby to cherish and protect,
a child to teach and guide,
a blessing to our family.
Amen.

5. Enjoy every step of being pregnant.
Given a chance to conceive is indeed a blessing. Never ever forget that not everyone is privileged enough to bear a child (I know it, I have PCOS!). It was not easy for us to conceive and now that it's finally happening, I should be nothing else but grateful that God granted our wish. I have been experiencing nausea and not stop wee hours peeing, but I consider myself blessed beyond measure. A loving husband and a baby on its way? I have nothing more to ask for. :)

Have a safe and wonderful pregnancy to all the expectant mothers out there! xx


much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear it from you! :) good vibes!